Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Rotary 7010 Update September 2009

Greetings Rotarians from District 7010, Aanii, Bonjour,

As we begin September, and for many a return to school, I am pleased to report that Rotary District 7010 has welcomed 6 new members since July – and many more to come I am sure. Kudos to Matheson, Hearst, and Barrie Huronia for introducing these new members to the Rotary family. Keep up the good work!
As I continue my travels throughout the District since July 1, I have met over 500 Rotarians in 15 clubs. What I find most amazing is the Rotary footprint each club has left locally and internationally; each of the clubs in District 7010 works hard to leave the world a little better than they found it – it’s wonderful and it makes me proud to be a Rotarian!

I wanted to update you all on new Committees and new Committee chairs. PDG Sue Cook has agreed to chair a committee to evaluate and help clubs who are currently struggling with membership. No name for this committee has yet been chosen but it will be announced in a future blog.
I am pleased that Rotarian Dhiren Sinha of the Rotary Club of Sudbury has agreed to be Chair of the Friendship Exchange committee, taking over the role originally held by Judith Cardwell. Thank you Judith.

There is an interesting article in the July issue of Rotary World Magazine that details information on pages 3 and 4 on opportunities for Rotary in challenging times; which includes the topic of member retention during this recession. Also, be sure to read the article entitled “Montréal convention to be an international experience” on page 3. http://www.rotary.org/RIdocuments/en_pdf/rw_0907_en.pdf

À la prochaine,

DG Richard
Rotary District 7010

No comments:

Post a Comment